The MSCA-COFUND imπACT covers a period of 5 years and will include a total of 20 postdoctoral projects. The project will launch 2nd calls for applications, each for the recruitment of 10 postdoctoral researchers proposing a 2-year project.
- Opening of the call: 1st June 2023
- Closing of the Call: 31st August 2023 (23:00 CET)
MSCA-COFUND postdoctoral researchers in the imπACT programme will be entitled to receive monthly allowances. The fellow may expect a net salary of 3000 euro per month for a 2-year period which is in line with Belgian standards for postdocs. The type of contract will be “Researchers in Mobility”, a specific programme in Belgium suited for foreign postdocs performing research in Belgium.
▪ The fellows will receive 35 days of leaves per year and a round-trip ticket from home to Brussels will be reimbursed once during the fellowship up to a maximum of €500. Travel, research and training costs related to the imπACT activities will be covered by the VUB research group financial resources.
▪ All fellows will be covered by a health insurance at VUB level (in case an incident occurs at the VUB premises), cost-free hospitalization insurance, and a private insurance.
▪ All fellows will have access to the VUB facilities, such as excellent sports accommodation with public swimming pool, athletics track, sports fields and Basic-Fit (fitness) facilities, all located on campus.
The fellows can use the childcare services and can have breakfast and lunch in the VUB restaurant for competitive prices.
imπACT’s recruitment process uses an open bottom-up approach and postdoctoral researchers from any field can propose a 2-year research and innovation project of their choice regarding discipline or topic. The bottom-up approach is made possible by VUB’s structure of 8 faculties.
- Law & Criminology
- Social Sciences & Business School
- Psychology & Education Sciences
- Humanities & the Arts
- Sciences & Bio-Engineering
- Medicine & Pharmacy
- Sports & Physical Therapy
For more information about the different faculties, please visit www.vub.be or VUB’s research portal to know more about ongoing research and outputs.
Only applications submitted via the Online Application Form will be considered. In order to successfully submit the online application form, applicants will have to upload 2 documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (max 5 pages, free format)
- Project Application Template (max 7 pages, download here)
For more information and details, please read carefully the Guide for Applicants.
EVALUATION & SELECTION
After the closing of the call, all submitted applications will be evaluated in 2 stages and for approximately 3 months. In the first stage, the Selection Management Team (SMT) performs an eligibility check. Afterwards, eligible applications are assessed by the Community of Experts (CIE) using the Evaluation Template. The CIE is divided into the following panels:
- PE: Physical Sciences and Engineering
- LS: Life Sciences
- SSHA: Social Sciences, Humanities and the Arts
To ensure an equal representation of PE, LS and SSHA, 2 positions are allocated to each panel and the other 4 available positions will be distributed based on the number of applications submitted.
All applicants will be informed from the second half of November 2023 onwards and successful projects are expected to start between 1 February 2024 and 30 April 2024.
Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com